We can custom build your dream sauna!
Exterior Sauna Upkeep
All of our Saunas are treated with 2 hand rubbed coats of PENOFIN Marine Oil.
Penofin Marine Oil Quick Facts
- 99% ultraviolet protection
- Protects and beautifies like no varnish can
- Highest-quality mildew protection
- For use on boats, cabins, cockpits, decks, railings, and docks
- Safe and easy to use
- Available in a natural tone
Sauna Surround You recommends applying new coats (1-2 times per year) to help sustain natural luminance of the cedar for years to come.
- PENOFIN’s Marine Oil Wood Finish seals and protects the mill bright beauty of natural wood, giving it that hand-rubbed look mariners prefer. Multiple coats may be wet-sanded to build a lustrous self-filling, hand-rubbed finish, or simply apply product and remove excess with a nap-free cloth for a flat matte finish. Due to its unique penetrating abilities, any area that is scratched or stained may be repaired using the wetsanding method. Penofin’s Marine Oil wood finish is nonyellowing, nondarkening and fast drying. No more sanding, scraping or stripping. Eliminates the cause of cracking and peeling, allowing product to penetrate deeply with Brazilian Rosewood Oil to enhance and protect your valuable wood. Penofin Marine Oil wood finish is easy to touch up. Just wipe on, allow it to penetrate the pores of the wood to feed and protect from the sun’s harmful rays, then use a cloth to remove excess. Enhances natural wood like no varnish can. Don’t let the varnish cycle trap you into spending sailing time scraping off layers of finish. Feed your wood… use Penofin Marine Oil Wood Finish with Brazilian Rosewood Oil for the wood on fiberglass as well as wooden boats. Protects and enhances docks too.
Interior Sauna Upkeep
The simplest method of sauna maintenance is to keep a hand brush near the sauna door. The last person out dips the brush in the water bucket, and does a quick scrubbing on the benches, walls, backrests, etc. This 30-second ritual will keep your sauna looking great indefinitely. This will prevent the need to use anything stronger than clean water on the wood portions.
NOTE! : If you do not follow this step closely, consider using sauna wood cleaning kits, Bacterinol, or paraffin oil treatment kits.
Once your sauna is clean, prop the duckboards off the floor. Ensure that you leave the sauna door open so that it can be aired out completely. The heat that is left in the rocks and in the wood will dry the sauna completely after some time.